Updated September 2, 2020
Our Reservation Centre is currently experiencing unprecedented high call volumes resulting in unusually long wait times. We appreciate you require updated information to finalise your future travel plans and we are working as quickly as possible to be able to provide the relevant details.
We hope that you and your families are all well and starting to adapt your plans as the Government health and safety restrictions continue to evolve. However, the continued Government travel restrictions and international border closures it continues to be impossible for us to operate our schedules for guests with bookings departing from Canada. This has required the temporary suspension of all Scenic Group (including Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours and Emerald Cruises) departures up to 31 October 2020.
In addition, further suspensions apply to Egypt, Jordan and Israel land tours until 31 December 2020.
In addition, further suspensions apply to Scenic Eclipse Ocean Cruises until 31 December 2020.
This situation is totally out of our control due to the COVID-19 pandemic is a force majeure event, as defined within the Scenic Group terms and conditions. However, to support your future travel plans, Scenic Group will be providing a Future Travel Credit (FTC) for affected departures.
Our flexible policy for guests with bookings departing during this period is the following:
To ensure your future travel plans will be protected, if you hold a:
· Ocean cruise reservation departing from 1 September 2020 to 31 October 2020, Scenic Group will provide a 110% Future Travel Credit (FTC) Voucher for the amount paid
· Scenic Eclipse Ocean cruise reservation departing from 1 November 2020 to 31 December 2020, Scenic Group will provide a 100% Future Travel Credit (FTC) Voucher for the amount paid to date
· River cruise reservation departing from 1 September 2020 to 31 October 2020, Scenic Group will provide a 110% Future Travel Credit (FTC) Voucher for the amount paid
· Land tour (Egypt, Israel & Jordan Cruise Tours) reservation departing from 1 September 2020 to 31 December 2020, Scenic Group will provide a 100% FTC Voucher for the amount paid
· Land tour (including Canada Cruise Tours) reservation departing from 1 September 2020 to 31October 2020, Scenic Group will provide a 100% FTC Voucher for the amount paid.
The flexible conditions for your FTC Voucher are as follows:
· Valid for travel to re-book and commence through to 31 December 2023
· The value of your FTC voucher is based on the amount paid for your reservation to date
· The FTC Voucher can be applied to any booking within the Scenic Group (Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours and Emerald Cruises - including Emerald Waterways and Emerald Yacht Cruises)
· The FTC Voucher can be applied to any existing booking or when re-booking your future travel
· The FTC is fully transferrable to another guest.
If you choose not to take up the option of the Future Travel Credit (FTC), you can opt to cancel your booking under our standard terms and conditions, then consult with your travel insurance company to enquire if you are eligible to lodge a claim. If required, we can provide a letter to assist you in making your claim. Please email your cancellation request to Cancellations_CA@scenic.ca.
Our flexible booking and cancellation policy for guests with river cruise and international land tour bookings departing from 1 November to 31 December 2020:
All guests with a booking to depart from 1 November 2020 and guests considering a booking after that date, have the option to transfer their booking to an alternate date without a Scenic Group fee up to 31 December 2021 (or 31 December 2022 for Scenic Eclipse), up to 30 days prior to departure. Scenic will waive all cancellation fees with the value of the booking applied as a Future Travel Credit and we will review the timing for the full payment when re-booking. Please note, if you choose to cancel or transfer there may be third party fees applicable, which will be at the guests own expense. Please email your cancellation request to Cancellations_CA@scenic.ca
This allows guests more time to make decisions about their future travel plans. This policy will apply to all brands within the Scenic Group for Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Scenic Eclipse, Emerald Cruises (including Emerald Waterways and Emerald Yacht Cruises) and Evergreen Cruises & Tours.
Most governments have implemented strict travel restrictions and border controls that limit the arrival of people who have travelled, visited or transited through other countries, beyond those currently within the Scenic Group policy as outlined above. We will continue to monitor the changing global situation and remain committed to doing our best to assist with your concerns and adjusting travel plans.
On behalf of the Scenic Group team, we are here to support you during this challenging period and look forward to exploring our precious world with you again very soon.