Updated November 2, 2020
We hope that you and your families are all well and starting to adapt your plans as the Government health and safety restrictions continue to evolve.However, the continued Government travel restrictions and international border closures, it continues to be impossible for us to operate our schedules for guests with bookings departing from Canada. This has resulted in us being unable to operate all Scenic Group departures up to 28th February 2021 and Scenic Eclipse Ocean Cruises, Scenic Myanmar River Cruises and Scenic Africa Land Touring up to 31st March 2021.
This situation is totally out of our control and the COVID-19 pandemic is a force majeure event, as defined within the Scenic Group terms and conditions. However, to support your future travel plans, Scenic Group will be providing a Future Travel Credit (FTC) for affected departures. Please note that the FTC value and following terms may vary depending on the specific departure:
The following Future Travel Credit (FTC) policy applies for guests with bookings departing during these periods:
- Scenic River Cruises and Scenic Land Tours departing from 1st January 2021 to 28th February 2021, we will provide a 100% Future Travel Voucher for the amount paid to date.
- Scenic Eclipse Ocean Cruises, Scenic Myanmar River Cruises and Scenic Africa Land Tours departing from 1st January 2021 to 31st March 2021, we will provide a 100% Future Travel Voucher for the amount paid to date.
The flexible conditions for your Future Travel Credit (FTC) are as follows:
- Valid for travel to re-book and commence through to 31 December 2023
- The value of your Future Travel Credit is based on the amount paid for your reservation to date
- The Future Travel Credit can be applied to any booking within the Scenic Group (Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours and Emerald Cruises including Emerald Waterways and Emerald Yacht Cruises)
- The Future Travel Credit can be applied to any existing booking or when re-booking your future travel
- The Future Travel Credit is fully transferrable to another guest.
- The Future Travel Credit can only be used to make a new future booking and cannot be redeemed for cash.
If you choose not to take up the option of the Future Travel Credit (FTC), you can opt to forfeit your future travel credit under our standard terms and conditions, then consult with your travel insurance company to enquire if you are eligible to lodge a claim. If required, we can provide a letter to assist you in making your claim. Please email your cancellation request to Cancellations_CA@scenic.ca.
Our flexible booking and cancellation policy for guests with a River Cruise or Ocean Cruise and/or international Land Tour booking, departing from 1 April 2021, is as follows:
All guests with a booking scheduled to depart from 1 April 2021 to 31 December 2022 (or 31 December 2023 for Scenic Eclipse), have the option to transfer their booking to an alternate date without the Scenic Group fee, up to 60 days prior to departure. The value of the booking will be applied as a Future Travel Credit (FTC).
Please note, the final payment is due as per your booking conditions, and if you choose to cancel or transfer there may be third party fees applicable, which will be at your own expense. This flexible booking and cancellation policy excludes Russia, South America, Australia and New Zealand Land Touring.
We will continue to monitor the changing global situation and remain committed to doing our best to assist with your concerns and adjusting travel plans.
On behalf of the Scenic Group team, we are here to support you during this challenging period and look forward to exploring our precious world with you again soon.