The White Sea is a treat for the explorers at heart, and our luxurious voyage will more than satisfy those who long to experience the delights of an untamed territory. Our cruise will concentrate on Archangelsk and Solovetsky islands.
Beginning our voyage in Norway’s most northern port Tromsø, we explore the North Cape and into Murmansk, the entry point to our Russian Arctic immersion. A forbidden area for decades and still somewhat of a mystery today because of its geographic isolation, it is a region whose magic is waiting to be discovered.
- Explore the magnificent northern landscape of Finmark, the wilderness area home to many thousands of Sami people
- Visit the world’s largest Arctic city, Murmansk, in northwestern Russia
- Explore the remote and little visited area of the White Sea
- Land on Morzhovets Island, the Kanin Peninsula and Shoina Village, the world’s northernmost desert
- Experience the mystical, ethereal and timeless delights of the World Heritage-listed Site, the Solovetsky archipelago in the middle of the White Sea
- Wander the rarely visited beautifully preserved town of Arkhangelsk, on the banks of the Northern Dvina River
Departing 22 Jun & 5 Jul 2020