Passports and Visa FAQs

the things you need to know, before you travel

Passports and Visas
Q. Can Scenic arrange my passport and visas?
A. No, Scenic and/or their employees and their agents are not responsible for passport, visa requirements, entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited or for any loss sustained by you for failing to comply with laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited, and will not be liable for any costs or cancellation penalties or inconvenience where travellers do not have a travel authorization, and are not permitted to travel.
Q. Can Scenic organize my travel insurance?
A. No, this is the responsibility of the passenger; however your travel agent can do this on your behalf. We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances, which may arise as defined in the respective proposal forms. It is a good idea to take your travel insurance documents with you.
Q. Should I bring copies of my passport and visas?
A. Yes. As your passport will be kept on board the ship throughout the cruise portion for transit formality reasons, we recommend you bring a photocopy of your passport/visas with you to carry on you at all times when on shore.
Q. What validity do I need on my passport?
A. All passengers are required to possess a passport valid for 6 months beyond the conclusion of their trip.

Please note: If your nationality (passport) differs from the country in which you reside, please take the time to check carefully with your local consulates concerning visa and passport requirements for your travels. Holidays can be disrupted or have to be altered altogether if the correct documents cannot be supplied at airports or borders, so check very carefully that you have the required papers.
Q. What visas do I require?
A. Visa requirements can vary and it is the sole responsibility of each passenger to have the necessary visas and to comply with entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited. More advice can also be found at through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s website - Click Here.