How much luggage can I bring on a Scenic Cruise?
The luggage allowance whilst on tour is one suitcase with a maximum size of 76 x 53 x 28 cms (30 x 21 x 11’’) and weight of 23 kilograms. You may also carry a small backpack or the Scenic overnight bag on board the coach for the duration of the tour. Additional bags beyond the luggage allowance may incur additional charges and are to be settled directly to the hotel or as required. It is advised that you check airline luggage requirements directly with your most significant airline carrier.
How much luggage can I take on an aircraft?
It is advised that you check airline luggage requirements directly with your most significant airline carrier.
Is porterage included?
Handling and porterage of your luggage (as per the luggage allowance above) is included in your tour. Additional bags beyond the allowance may be charged or it may be the responsibility of the passenger to forward the baggage to another destination. Luggage handling is not included during any independent or non-escorted touring. In this situation, luggage handling and porterage will need to be organized directly with the hotel porters.
Should I attach the Scenic luggage label provided prior to departure?
No, please wait until you have claimed your luggage at your destination airport. This will ensure airline companies will not tear off this tag, as it is required to easily identify your luggage for transfer services and hotels.
What clothing should I pack?
- Casual sportswear for daytime that can be mixed/matched/layered
- A warm jacket/gloves/hat/scarf for cooler mornings and nights
- Comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles for good grip
- Sunglasses and a sun hat
- Women require a minimum of one skirt or a dress
What else do I need to pack?
The following list may be useful when packing for your trip:
- Airline tickets and passport (plus a photocopy and extra passport photos)
- Travel and travel insurance documentation, and itinerary (make a copy for your emergency contact)
- Travellers cheques/cash/debit or credit card and emergency contact numbers if lost or stolen, plus local currency for first day and a money belt
- Spare memory card for your digital camera or film in clear plastic containers
- Only those keys needed on return
- Personal medication and prescriptions, extra glasses/contacts and prescriptions
- Sunscreen, lip balm and insect repellent
- Pocket calculator, address book, journal and pens
- Tissues and anti-bacterial hand wipes or hand sanitiser
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Plastic bags for dirty laundry, laundry detergent and elastic clothesline
- Travel alarm clock, earplugs and sleep mask
- Adaptor plugs, cell phone charger, battery charger
- Face cloth
- Small flashlight and batteries (there is minimal lighting at remote locations)
Please note: All hotels on tour provide towels, irons, hair dryers, soap and shampoo within the room.
Asia & India tours:
- First aid kit including anti-itch cream for insect bites, antibiotics and medication for motion sickness, diarrhea and vomiting
- Multiple photocopies of your passport to assist with Hotel check in
What happens if my luggage goes missing?
It is highly unlikely for your luggage to be mislaid, however we suggest if travelling as a couple to pack each suitcase with back up clothes and toiletries for each person. We also suggest writing your personal and tour details on a label INSIDE each suitcase (including name, address, telephone number, departure and return flight details). Write only your name and destination address on outside labels.
What is the appropriate dress for visiting holy place?
When visiting churches and monasteries, modest dress is required i.e. no shorts, miniskirts or sleeveless tops.
Will my luggage be secure?
We strongly advise that you do not pack anything of value in your check-in luggage and that you check-in ONLY your own suitcases. Do not carry items packed by other people. Never accept packages or articles from anyone unknown to you to carry on board the aircraft.